Monday, July 27, 2009

My Fish Story

Hello Castle View families and staff,
I returned from Louisiana with a little sun and a lot of sore muscles! We went out 45 - 50 miles each day into the Gulf and fished for Red Snapper and whatever came our way. I caught several 6 to 12 pound Snappers, a Trigger fish, and I helped reel in a 24 pound King fish! That was exciting and a lot of work. Of course, as in any fish story, the 'one that got away' was a huge Browning fish. My mom and I though we had hooked our lines under the boat, but we both came up with large Browning fish! But alas, both of them got off the hooks at the last moment.
Deep sea fishing was a new experience for me. It was beyond my comfort zone, but I visualized catching the fish and enjoying a great fish dinner. I asked for help when needed and was grateful for others expertise. I can't say I love fishing and I probably never will, but I am enriched by the experience and enjoyed time with my family.
Our students face similar challenges everyday in school. We can support them by helping them visualize success; teaching them that it is okay to ask for help; and reward them for their efforts and accomplishments. I hope to hear many summer 'fish stories' from the students when we return in August.
See you soon,
Mrs. Calhoun

No comments:

Post a Comment